Friday, April 26, 2013

Cumberland Falls Kentucky

Cumberland Falls is known as the Little Niagara of the south. It is 68 feet high and 125 feet wide. 
Ed, Frankie, and I visited April 6th which was a gorgeous day. It was warm but not hot...a nice breeze but not Chicago style!! There was a lot of people who had the same idea we did...I thought the area was very pretty, well maintained, and very easy to hike/walk around park. The waterfall was unbelievable-it did give me little bit of anxiety, but I was in awe over the size and sound of it... 

The bridge over calm 



The biggest piece of driftwood I have seen....aka massive tree



Spray from the falling waters


This picture does NOT do the waterfall justice



Stairs to observation decks


Observation deck-better view than out on a rock we were not suppose to be on...






No comments:

Post a Comment