Monday, October 21, 2013

Golden Isles of Georgia

St. Simmons, Jekyll Island, Brunswick, and much more....Beautiful place to visit...









no! I am not pregnant-it's my shirt or am I just fat....I would like to think it's the shirt....I am not that fat...yet!! Now that's settled....can someone please tell me which way to go??? 





ahhh such the sweet couple...

why won't he just be quiet???
The nicest couple!! They were from Cary, NC and sooooo sooooo sweet-really enjoyed lunch with you guys!! Irony-my brother lives in Cary, NC and I haven't had lunch with him in years...travel the Jekyll Island and have a great lunch with great people!!





Croquet anyone???? LOL..it really is for croquet...can you imagine Ed and I playing? 

2013
This hotel was  once known as the Millionaire's Club...now lil' ole people like me can go here and enjoy a great meal, beautiful scenery, and even stay here at somewhat reasonable prices...

Following information was taken from http://www.jekyllclub.com/about-us/club-history/
Jekyll Island Clubhouse, c. early 1900’s
Early 1900s


A Rich Tradition Of Hospitality At This Grand Georgia Historic Hotel Landmark

At the turn of the century, tycoons, politicians, and socialites flocked to Jekyll Island to revel in their own luxury and America’s burgeoning wealth. Our historic Georgia Club was described in the February 1904 issue of Munsey’s Magazine as “the richest, the most exclusive, the most inaccessible club in the world.” Its impressive members included such luminaries as J.P. Morgan, William Rockefeller, Vincent Astor, Joseph Pulitzer, William K. Vanderbilt, and other recognizable names on the roster were Macy, Goodyear, and Gould.


Strange shot-I look like the 100 ft. woman...and my shorts are being eaten alive by my butt...

Beautiful chapel...amazing stain glass windows...


Real dunes with real sea oats...GA was smart by leaving these beaches natural...Not a high rise with neon lights in sight...THANK GOD-I hate neon...



Hey look everyone...it's Ed and Lisa and we are getting along!!


St. Simons

A little live music to end a great Saturday night with....




uh oh...somebody's not happy...lol


This is perfect....for me!!! Please can I have it???? I want to live here-not use as a second home...please, please, please...
...it looks so much like my favorite house on Sullivan's Island off the coast of Charleston, SC....




Great little cafe in St. Simon's...

No comments:

Post a Comment