Thursday, October 10, 2013

Florence, SC

Well....what does one say about a city in their own home state. Florence, SC has been known as one of the highest crime ridden cities in SC and the highest arrests made for drugs. GREAT...and here I come to spend weeks with Ed while he is doing archaeology.
It didn't last long-Ed totally cut me out of his life, which in the end proved to be the best thing he could ever do....He made me take a long hard look at myself and how I was treating him. Also, the little bit of trust that was established between us is gone....oh well....we can start fresh...with renewed trust and communication. LOL Fairytale land....


There was not much to do in Florence, SC so Ed and I made the best of it during the times I was with him in this otherwise dead little town. We milled about downtown and found this great little art gallery and the lady running it invited us to the art show on Friday night. We (Ed and I) decided to make this a great excuse for a date night-we went to the art show and even bought an inexpensive local piece, which now hangs in my front bathroom. We wanted to try dinner at the newly renovated Florence Hotel. Gorgeous....The restaurant was called Victor's Bistro.....food was pretty good...it was kinda expensive and I would probably not go back-For the money I have had much better food. The staff seemed inexperienced with higher class dining...but none the less the food or staff had nothing to do with the horrible time I experienced with Ed. He made me cry at the dinner table and it went down hill quickly from there....

http://www.hotelflorencesc.com/about/our-history.htm







No comments:

Post a Comment